Pillars of Eternity 2 Fig had just reached one of its goals of US$3.75 million that would allow them to add uncharted islands. The game currently has collected US$3.9 million from at least 30,000 backers and it only needs US$25,000 to reach US$4 million. Developers Obsidian Entertainment still has tomorrow, Feb. 25, 2017, to collect more pledges from backers.
Obsidian Entertainment only intended to collect US$1.1 million in order to start the development of the game. Developers reached the intended US$1.1 million within 24 hours after its pledge opened to the public. After it reached that goal, more backers started donating their pledges three days before the designated deadline.
According to a press release, Pillars of Eternity 2 became the third game to reach these many supports from backers this year. Two of the previous games that received support include Psychonauts 2 by Double Fine and Wasteland 3 by inXile Entertainment. The number of backers made Pillars of Eternity 2 currently the most backed game on Fig.
“Thank you so much for coming to check out Pillars of Eternity II. If you are a returning backer – thank you, thank you, thank you. If you are new, welcome! We’re glad to have you,” said the latest update from The Pillars of Eternity 2 Team. Developers became grateful since they reached two stretch goals in one day.
Pillars of Eternity 2 Fig: Investments, Pledges & Stretch Goals
Backers can pledge from US$5 up to US$5,000 where the more money donate would result into more in game bonuses once they release the game. So far, those above US$750 have sold out since they provide more bonuses than the lower ones. So far, the Pillars of Eternity 2 Fig has reached the following stretch goals:
- Fully funded for multi-classing and English, French & German language – US$1.1 million
- Sub classes – US$1.4 million
- Level cap increase to level 18 plus Russian localization – US$1.6 million
- Seventh companion (Xoti the priest/monk can join the players) and Polish localization – US$1.8 million
- AI customization and Spanish localization – US$2 million
- Double the voice over and Korean localization – US$2.4 million
- Berath’s blessing (beginning a new game with gifted bonuses) – US$ 2.6 million
- Orchestra, level cap increase to 20, and more sub-classes – US$2.8 million
- Companion relationships – US$3 million
- Four sidekicks to join the players in Eora – US$3.25 million
- New ship upgrade option and Portuguese localization – US$3.5 million
- Uncharted Islands and simplified Chinese localization – US$3.75 million