Raquel Pelissier, 25-year-old Miss Universe Haiti 2016, wasn’t the Miss Universe 2017 Winner but she found a home in the hearts of million across the globe. The stunning diva was in the running for the title along with Miss Colombia and Miss France.
This year’s honors went to 24-year-old Miss France-Iris Mittenaere- who is a Parisian native. She is currently pursuing a degree in dental surgery and plans to use the platform to advocate for dental and oral hygiene. Pelissier, on the other hand, secured her place as the competition’s first runner-up and Tovar became the second runner-up.
Raquel Pelissier Deserved To Be Miss Universe 2017 Winner
Though all three contestants were all beautiful, charming and witty, only one of them could take the crown home. Despite the fact that Miss France is the winner, many think Pelissier was more deserving. Here is why fans think Miss Universe 2017 Winner Should Have Been Miss Haiti, Raquel Pelissier.
Born and raised in Haiti, Pelissier applied for the Miss Haiti pageant because she wanted to represent her country. Fashion Ayiti quoted her saying: “Winning a crown is my way of giving back to the land that bore me since it gives me the opportunity to expose its colors and culture abroad.”
Pelissier is known for her big goals, determination and confidence besides, of course, her beauty. Moreover, she is an inspiration for millions of young women who aspire to reach high while being rooted to grounds. Pelissier is not only beauty with brains but she has got a heart of gold and focuses on humanitarian deeds.
After her influential performance, more fans of the beauty pageant have shown interest in Pelissier’s background. Based on the details shared by the Haiti Sentinel, 25-year-old beauty queen has so much to offer. Wonder what talents the Miss Universe 2017 runner-up owns? Read on to know five amazing facts about the young diva.
Miss Haiti 2016: 5 Facts of Raquel Pelissier
- She is pursuing Master’s Degree in Scientific Research in Optometry and Vision.
2. Pelissier is also capable of speaking four different languages aside from English (French, Spanish, Haitian Creole, and German)
3. The “active and determined young woman” stands at stands at 1.81 meters.
4. Raquel is passionate about aerial skills, she practices cross fit regularly, and also enjoys cooking and reading in her free time.
5. One of her goals is to help find a cure for blindness. It’s an issue close to her heart as glaucoma runs in her family.